2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR REGISTRATION OPEN!*
CAP serves all fourteen (14) elementary schools in the Greater Albany Public School (GAPS) District. We offer child care before school starting at 6:45 am and after school until 6:00 pm. CAP also offers full-day care this year on school vacation days, in-service days, and winter, spring and summer breaks from 6:45am to 6:00 pm at selected CAP site locations. Please see Locations for current operating sites.
Combined CAP site locations have been created to accommodate continued staffing shortages at four (4) service locations for beginning-of-school-year operations. Your child’s CAP site may, therefore, be combined with another CAP site location until sufficient staff have been hired to separate into single service locations once again. Busing/transportation is provided. CAP families will receive updated information as it becomes available.
*NOTE: The combined Periwinkle/Lafayette CAP site is currently nonoperational due to a reduction in our overall CAP team of child care teachers and aides. Any registration forms received during this time for the Periwinkle CAP location will be placed on hold until further notice.
CAP EMERGENCY CLOSURE PLAN
(In the Event of Last-Minute Closures Due to Staffing Shortages)
As CAP strives to navigate the ongoing challenges associated with staffing shortages, unforeseen reductions in our overall staffing team, callouts due to sickness or unplanned emergencies, the Community After-School Program will follow the steps outlined below in the event of a last-minute closure when unplanned and emergency closures are unavoidable.
- Your child’s home school will be immediately notified their CAP site location has been closed due to emergency circumstances.
- An email blast will be sent to parents, primary and secondary account holders, authorized pick ups, as well as emergency contacts in an effort to quickly communicate the announcement of an emergency closure.
- CAP will provide families with as much lead time as possible to address alternate care options. An emergency is generally defined as unplanned staff callouts due to sickness or other unforeseen emergencies too early in the morning or too late in the afternoon to avoid a closure due to insufficient staffing coverage options.
We sincerely empathize with the potential hardship these unexpected emergency procedures may create for families in finding alternate care options. We hope this information will assist your preparations in the event a future emergency closure may be required. Thank you for your continued support of our program.
CAP IS HIRING CHILD CARE TEACHER POSITIONS!
Please, we ask for your continued assistance in helping to spread the word that CAP is hiring. Job postings can be found below. We sincerely appreciate your extraordinary patience as we continue to recruit, hire, and onboard additional CAP staff during this season of unprecedented staffing shortages.
CAP is a “mask optional” center, and we encourage parents and families, as well as CAP teacher staff, to determine whether continued mask wearing remains a best-choice option in addressing individual needs and circumstances. We invite all to be respectful and supportive of individual choice.
“Provide safe, structured, quality and affordable care for elementary age children.”
State Certified Child Care
CAP is licensed by the Oregon Office of Child Care (OCC). This yearly process includes fire and sanitation inspections, and onsite visits by OCC to ensure state guidelines are being met throughout the program. Staff qualifications and training requirements are monitored through this same yearly certification process.
Tax ID Numbers
What does CAP Offer?
- Nutritious snacks, approved by the United States Dept. of Agriculture
- Safe, clean and comfortable setting
- Entertaining, educational activities
- STEAM curriculum, games, crafts and outdoor play
- Caring and supportive staff guidance
- Homework assistance and Reading Club
- Affordable, quality childcare
- Convenient locations
- Trained, professional staff
- Supportive environment
- Age-appropriate programming
- Consistent communication between parents and school
In partnership with the Greater Albany Public School District, CAP enrollment consists of hundreds of children ages 5 to 12 years at multiple public school site locations. Please see Locations for current operating sites. We offer childcare before school starting at 6:45am and after school until 6:00pm. CAP offers full-day care at selected sites on vacation days, in-service days, winter, spring and summer breaks.
Like us on Facebook at “Community Before & After School Program” for announcements, notifications, forms, and all things CAP!